June 23, 2011

Turkey Chili

A different take on the Chili recipe. I like to make a ton and eat it as a quick meal for the next couple weeks. I'm not sure on some of the measurements, I kind of just eyeball it.


Ingredients:

2 lbs. ground turkey (less than 7% fat) great to buy at Costco
1 giant can of diced tomatoes not sure on the oz. but its the huge one from Costco
1 large onion, chopped
5 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 to 3 tsp. chili powder
1 to 2 Tbsp. oregano one time i accidentally added basil, but it tasted good so now I add a bit of basil as well 
Cayenne pepper to taste (optional) I actually add this, I like a bit of heat.
Salt and pepper to taste
(I recently started adding about 1 tsp. of cumin)


Directions:
Brown ground turkey in a large pot, add onions and garlic. Stir in tomatoes (I usually drain some of the juice from the can before adding). Add spices and simmer slowly until liquid reduces. The longer it cooks the more tender and flavorful. 





1 comment: